Dell Inspiron 14R looks really awesome right? This is my first laptop I've actually owned and before I knew it... It's been a nightmare since owning it. After a year owning it, it's been almost(or even more) 10 times the technician has come just to repair my dear laptop.  From hard disk, cooling fan, wifi card, USB ports, keypad, motherboard and other problems... Wow, I have to say. I'm like so used to calling Dell already.. Well, I wouldn't mind actually.. Since during the past 1 year it's been like free repair.. The only annoying part is that my laptop always becomes so 'brand new' that I have to always bear with it.
 
Here comes the real problem now. It's warranty just ended last January.. Since it's been a year~ And so..... My hard disk has a problem now~ And I called Dell.. As usual, they'll check the error and blah blah... But this time a little different as I need to ask the price~ And she said it costs RM750 to extend the warranty for a year or else the technician won't come~ It feels like a crap joke. What the crap~?? RM750!? I would rather buy a new better laptop which cost me RM1000++ 
I used to and now still am thinking in a positive way. Maybe it isn't that bad that my laptop's encountering all kinds of problems.. I can learn from it at least, since I'm studying in IT. Even now although the problem gives me big headache, I can learn how to repair my own computer and know what to do at least. Buying a new hard drive and replace it, without the help of Dell~

But the issue here is that  I do wonder if it always the laptop problem or that it's mine. The technician told me that this laptop is more sensitive by its nature, that the hard drive is really near to some(I forgot what he's said) system, so it gets overheat quickly. And that Dell's motherboard and stuffs are now mostly China made product. This made me think twice before I buy another laptop from Dell ever again. They may have the best customer service but if their products are like that......

P/s: Dell, the smartest choice ever? I would wanna think twice...


1 comments to "Dell, the smartest choice?"

  • All brands of computer is going on a process of cost reduction which also reduce product quality and reliability.

    All manufacturer will only make the components last about 2-3 years. They want us to buy new after that. That is why the warranty usually last for a year and extended last for 3 years.

    I would recommend you getting fujitsu or asus. Their quality still the best among others. I work at computer repair service center. These company product don't come often for repairs.

    Buy normal range products as they costs less. Do not buy too cheap or too high end. Just divide the cost of laptop to 12 or 24 months to calculate how much is will cost you. That is how you find its value.

    I am also an owner of more 10 laptops, netbooks and desktop computer. Only 1 laptop had problem in 10 years i'm using all of them.

Post a Comment